Saturday, October 12, 2013

September's stats

September's stats. Figures from September.

In August I concentrated a lot in barbell work and creating strength base. Wanted to see how much work I could do with weights. In September I had totally different approach. I took an easy start for the month by traveling to Stockholm, Sweden, and had a couple of rest days. After that I completed benchmark workout Mary to kick back in action but focused way more in bodyweight movements for a couple of weeks. Later in the month I did more barbell work but mostly I had a good balanced program with constant variety and it worked well. My body felt good throughout the month.



This proved to me that it's only smart to do more bodyweight stuff. As I compare the weights lifted in September and the 3 months through May-July, I realize I actually lifted as much weight now (even a little more) but still my body felt fresh. The point: keep it as diverse as possible and combine a lot of bodyweight stuff as well. Don't try to go heavy every single day. You have time to lift heavy anyway.




Benchmark workouts.


Talking about heavy, Kalsu was sick. It was stronger than I was. Goal is 100 power cleans (60kg) but completing 4 burpees in top of every starting minute was almost too much to handle. On Mary I did a personal record in time. I was doing very good with this one and improved my result with 2 rounds. That's a lot! What could I say about HC Triplet. Sickest things I know in my crossfit career. You have to read it and see it through your own eyes, check the link to see the specs.




Strength. 72.000kg
  • Back squats, 13.000kg
  • Snatch 8.200kg



Even though I was putting more effort in bodyweight stuff, this month turned out to be "normal" in comparison to previous months. My average weights have been around 60-70.000kg. In September I squatted and snatched more than other strength movements. All in all, it was quite a balanced month in all senses. There was a good number of cleans, presses/jerks and clean & jerks too. I'm looking to continue to squat in autumn. Squat snatch is something that's in the back of my head but the focus now is on squats.




Skills.
  • 13 muscle-ups
  • 850 double unders
  • 318 handstand push-ups

Not many muscle-ups, got to do more to fix my technique. It doesn't get better without a good number of reps. I'm glad I was able to keep the double unders in about a thousand reps. But what is the thing with the hspu's?!? Take a look at the figure: 318 reps, c'mon! What's the thing if you want to develop as a crossfitter? Focus on your weaknesses! I did and the results have already been seen. Those handstand push-ups are not a goat anymore. That's what it feels like. Have to work more on those still. I want to be excellent at them.





Bodyweight.

  • 475 burpees
  • 680 pull-ups
  • 340 toes-to-bar / knees-to-elbows

Here's some other bodyweight numbers that haven't been seen before. Almost 500 burpees, close to 700 pull-ups and 340 k2e's / t2b's. Not bad! I feel like I was doing pull-ups all the time. And the most important thing is to do different types of pull-ups. Strict, kipping, different types of grips and chest-to-bar pull-ups.




Cardio. 21.200m

  • 19.200m rowing
  • 2.000m running

For some time it looked like there's not gonna be rowing or running at all in September but then after a week or two I added them - especially rowing - to my calendar. It was regularly something around 2k row as part of a metcon but there were also longer distances like 4k or 6k. I'm happy about the work being done in this part as well.




PR's.
  • Handstand push-ups, 15

This was probably the only thing I was looking to improve PR-wise. There may have been a day I tried to improve on my clean but it stayed @ 100kg. Can't remember if it was this month or the previous one. Maybe I should try to top some of the numbers in October or November. Haven't given much thought for this issue. My goals weight-wise have been met pretty well this year in general but I'm always looking to improve, no doubt about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment