Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday 29.10: Squat snatch, double unders

Tuesday. Technique: squat snatch 8x2. Skills, double unders.

Today's session concentrated in technique and skills. I had something more in mind too but my elbows are still sore when I load enough weight on the barbell. Had some plans to do clean & jerk technique training as well. Those elbows hindered me from completing the metcon I wanted so today's session was modified on a fly to something different. Took double unders after snatches.


Flight simulation


Technique. Squat snatch 8 x 2, emom. The weight is not tough and that's the way it should be when looking to improve technique. 40kg is totally manageable by all means. I did the sets as hang squat snatches. 2 reps per minute, for 8 minutes. There was plenty of time to recover for each set.

I got the bar in a decent position at the bottom squat. The bar path left plenty to improve on. It didn't come vertically as close to my body as it should but it ran away too far. I should be leaning back more when I do the critical pull so that the barbell would have space to come straight up.

Skills. Double unders. Thought about doing a workout Toni threw at me, called "flight simulator", focusing only on double unders. That's a lot of skills work there. I started doing the workout and managed it well until the set of 35 reps. At that point my headache that had started it's early crawl couple of hours earlier, took over me and I had to stop jumping in the middle of the set of 40's. Huge ache took place, felt like my brains are staying in place… Had to skip the training, drive home and take pills.

That would have been quite a nice workout to improve on these skills. I did the sets in a row so that I barely wrote it down in my notes that I had completed another set. Got to about a total of 200 reps. There would be a total of 500 reps if you consider it done with zero mistakes. That's a lot! =) Got to try it as full version some day.



No comments:

Post a Comment