Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wednesday 30.10: Amrap of hspu, box, t2b

Wednesday. Metcon, 15min amrap of: 5 hspu, 7 box, 9 t2b. Result, 11 rounds.

It was clear to me that I'm in a rush today. Had to go to a barber shop right after work so my gym session was short in time. Had planned a 15min amrap beforehand and closed the movements during the day. It was a good metcon.

Toni's workout: 3 x 5min amrap of: 5 thrusters, 10 squats, 5 t2b, 1min rest between amraps


Metcon. Result 11 rounds
  • 15min amrap of:
  • 5 handstand push-ups
  • 7 box jumps, 61cm
  • 9 toes-to-bar

Some foam rolling and active stretching, then handstand hold, couple of reps each movement. Then it was time to hear 3-2-1-go. There was a LOT of people at the gym so I had to wait to complete my movements on 3 different occasions. Other than that, I was able to keep a steady pace throughout the workout. It felt good to be able to move my body almost constantly. At least that was the feeling.

I did the handstand push-ups unbroken each round and there was no doubt of completing every rep. I believe I could have continued the hspu's unbroken for some time, couple of rounds. In this metcon there were 55 total reps.

Box jumps naturally unbroken, there weren't that many in a row. Altogether 77 reps in the metcon. It basically got my breathing higher and made the feeling a bit more miserable, just like it should and just like I wanted =)

Toes-to-bar movement was the only one I wasn't able to complete unbroken. I did them in a row for a couple of rounds, maybe 6-7 rounds? Then a couple of 6+3 rounds and on the last one I was rushing to get each rep done to reach 11 full rounds, found it faster to make 5 reps, then 4 quick singles. Got them done in 14.58!

This was a good metcon in a sense that I was able to move my body all the time. If you don't count those last couple of rounds on the t2b's I got the moves unbroken. This is exactly what a metcon is all about. Some breath catching was taking place on the t2b's occasionally.

Dusty Hyland's skill work, huh





No comments:

Post a Comment