Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday 14.11: Back squats, clean complex

Thursday. Back squats, 3 x 10 (100-110kg). Clean complex, 6 sets of: hang power clean, hang squat clean, power clean, squat clean (60-70kg).

Today was metcon free day of training. Instead, I worked towards stronger legs and improving my explosiveness on the cleans through a 4-rep complex. Got my sweat on the shirt pretty easily due to the nature of both of the workouts. Squats were exceptionally high-reps.




Strength. Back squats 3x10 (100, 105, 110kg). This was great! Should have added some weight in the early steps. The last sets was as though as it should have been. After having done 3 sets my legs were done and it was impossible to add more weight on the bar. Not that I would have done it anyway, my plan was to hit 3 sets already in the beginning.

It was a different type of challenge. Got to try this out some other time as well. it's good to keep constant variety in the squat training and every training session to be frank. I was thinking between eccentric squats and 10-rep max. Ended up in this workout, not a 10-rep max but heavy-ish and heavy sets.




Complex. Clean complex x 6 sets

  • 1 hang power clean
  • 1 hang squat clean
  • 1 power clean from ground
  • 1 squat clean from ground
  • 1x60, 3x65, 1x70, 1x60kg


This was something between technique and strength and muscle endurance. The weights were light consider the last 3 movements. The first was obviously the heaviest one, hang clean from pocket. As you see from the video, I don't bring the bar that down on my thighs or below knee. It's more like from high hang or pocket as they might say.

This was easily managed strength wise. It was more like trying to complete good reps and finding correct bar path in different types of cleans. It took me 9 minutes to complete 6 sets of the complex. In addition I took 2 various sets before kicking this on. All in that 9 minute time cap. So it didn't take too long to finish it and rest between sets.



No comments:

Post a Comment