Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday 12.11: Hspu, snatch technique

Tuesday. Metcon, death by hspu. Result, 8 rds + 7 reps. Technique, snatch complex: 6 sets of: hang power snatch, hang squat snatch, squat snatch from below the knee, 3 ohs.

Today was reserved for bodyweight skills and olympic lifting technique training. Tomorrow should be more of a strength / metcon type of stuff. It was a good decision to work on the technique plus hspu skills.






Metcon. Result 8 rounds + 7 reps. Total of 43 reps.
  • Death by handstand push-ups

Oh boy, it's been a while since last "death by" training. I've done one probably only two times. Once with clean & jerks a year ago and snatches in the spring time. It's a perfect way to combine strength and conditioning at the same time. The point in death by is to put the timer running, complete 1 rep on the 1st minute, 2 reps on the 2nd minute. Continue as long as you can follow the rep scheme. At some point there's no time to do as many reps as required. Today it was the 9th round for me.

Today it felt easy for several minutes. I did the reps unbroken up to 8 minutes. On the 9th round I had to take a break after 5 reps. After 5sec I went back on the wall but the recovery was so short I could nail anything but singles. Got to 2 reps short of a full 9 rounds. Total of 43 reps.

The wall hit me fast when it showed it's face for the first time. It was easy up to 6 reps, maybe even 7 reps. On the 8th round I had to do work to get the reps unbroken. Plus, the recovery after doing so many reps was shorter than on the earlier rounds so that was the reason the 9th round tended to be so challenging. Still, I'm happy on the way I got through this one. 43 reps was good.






Technique. Snatch complex
  • 6 sets of the following complex
  • 1 hang power snatch
  • 1 hang squat snatch
  • 1 squat snatch from below the knee
  • 3 overhead squats
  • All sets @ 40kg barbell

My decision on the snatches was to put light weight on and work on technique. I wanted to do different types of snatches and overhead squats. Focusing on correct bar path and range of motion. This was rather good play with the bar. I have lots of repetitions ahead of me before the bar goes up and down the way I'd like to. Fortunately I know that it's just a matter or working more.




No comments:

Post a Comment