Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday 19.11: Eccentric squats and a chipper

Tuesday. Eccentric squats 3x8 (105-110kg). Chipper, 20 hspu, 30 pistols, 40 burpees, 50 pull-ups.

Squats! Went for eccentric version of back squats, slowly getting down there and then normally back up. This was the name of the game this Tuesday. That pretty much sucked all my juice as I felt there wasn't much left when I started my metcon, which was a chipper of 4 different bodyweight movements. Squats went well, then I was worn out on the metcon.




Strength. Eccentric squats 3x8 (105, 110, 110kg). This was the heaviest combination I've had this far. I've taken these slow-mo squats either 3 or 4 sets for 8 reps each set. The weights have been varying between 100 and 110kg. This was the first time I didn't do any set @ 100kg, instead jumped a bit forward. Small step but the difference is obvious. I can feel it right away if there's 100 or 110kg.

I was able to maintain a solid form on the squats. As Toni said my knees are pointing out properly. Maybe it's because there's enough time to think about it when it takes about 3 sec to get down in the hole. When you're not rushing, you can adjust the hip and knees to the way they should be.

The weights were perfect for today. I felt good squatting today and the barbell was as heavy as I needed it to be. It's nice to see my legs have become stronger and strength base is increasing. Legs are the place everything starts from so it's important I get them to the next level.




Chipper. Time 9.54

  • 20 handstand push-ups
  • 30 pistol squats
  • 40 burpees
  • 50 pull-ups

I was very tired on my lower and upper body already when entering the metcon. This chipper style is quite different from a regular 5-rounder. There's plenty of reps of 1 movement at once. You have to perform those before you are able to move forward. I thought I would have nailed the hspu's in 2 sets, something like 12+8 but for some awkward reason my shoulders were fatigued already in the beginning. It got very sticky and took me couple of sets to finish them.

Same with pretty much all the movements, I was slower completing them and they felt more challenging than normally. I thought I would chip this through in just a couple of minutes but it took me plenty of time. With a fresh body this could be done so much faster. On the pull-ups I did 15 on the first set, then about 10's till the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment