Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday 13.12: Snatch, Chelsea

Friday. Snatches, benchmark workout Chelsea: For 30min, every minute on the minute, 1 round of Cindy.

Took some snatches to work on my squat snatch technique as I haven't done this movement in a way too long time. Early autumn I promised myself to keep on training this movement. I definitely haven't stood up to that promise. So I made a comeback on this movement. Plus today was time to complete a benchmark workout, Chelsea, who is a newcomer for me.



Snatches. Had no plan in going for certain sets. Mainly just working on sets of couple reps with weights around 40-45kg. My focus was on squat snatches but some power reps were seen as well. For me, the power snatch is way easier than squat snatch. The weight itself is not the case in squat snatch but the complexity of the movement. I tend to lean too forward on my squat snatch and thus lose balance. It's not as stabile as I'd like it to be. It's probably also dependent about the bar path.


Here are few snatches from today


Chelsea. Passed rx'd.
  • Every minute on the minute for 30min:
  • 5 pull-ups
  • 10 push-ups
  • 15 squats

You probably remember Cindy, 20min amrap of the same movements, pull-ups, push-ups and air squats. I did it back in August and completed 22rds + 5 pull-ups, take a look at it here. Chelsea is similar to Cindy, same pattern on per round but it's every minute on the minute type of training. That means one round of the triplet and then chill out for the rest of the minute. Continue to a total of 30 minutes. That equals a total of 150 pull-ups, 300 push-ups and 450 squats.




Wasn't sure how this one would feel like. There's a whole bunch of reps in half an hour. I remember feeling devastated after Cindy and on this one I was looking to go for 8 more rounds. Okay, the difference was huge as there was also rest time included. In Cindy you'll have to go all the time without breaking at any time except when you're not able to move anymore. It was surprising how well I did this one. Can you imagine my round times stayed exactly the same for the entire 30min? It took me 30sec each time so there was also 30sec rest every minute. That makes me think I could be able to improve my time on Cindy as well, hmm…



Pull-ups were the easiest part, just 5 reps per round. Got everything unbroken but the two other movements started to feel tougher towards the end. I kept my hands at a very narrow width and focused on pointing my elbows straight along my body in a good position. Squats went actually very well. Legs were not burning at any stage of the wod.


This workout was somehow easier than Cindy. Maybe it was simply the time to recover between rounds. But hey, it was great to being able to keep the pace identical each round! That was very much due to mental strength because the feeling was I'd like to slow it down but decided to go fast every round.





1 comment: