Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday 3.12: Rowing ladder

Tuesday. Rowing intervals for 5.000m.

Huh, my legs are so sore from yesterday's big number of squats! It was getting worse during the day and it was pretty much difficult to sit on my chair =) I tried to move around as much as possible to keep the blood flowing. After work I went rowing for intervals and it felt great. Hopefully those logs are feeling better tomorrow.





Intervals. For 5.000m
  • 200-400-600-800-1.000-800-600-400-200m
  • Work : Rest ratio 1:1

Probably they are not feeling better after this action =) This was a rowing ladder with first ascending distance, then descending distance after I had reached 1.000m. The break between intervals was as long as the previous work period was in time. Total of 5k rowing with a good speed, and I was pacing myself as fast as possible. It was a bit scary to go 100% in the beginning because I realized there's a lot of rowing ahead of me. Kept the pace faster than 1.40 in the first 2 sets.

Then at 600-800m I recall it was around 1.45, and a little faster than 1.50 on the 1k row. Don't have the exact numbers but this is what I remember. I went somewhere between 1.32 - 1.50 for the entire 5k, not beyond that anyway in either direction. For the longest distances it was something like 1.45-1.48, I was able to keep a steady pace there as well, which satisfied me a lot.




Rowing can be nasty. Especially on longer distances. Today this felt surprisingly fine. I thought I'd be half dead after the workout but it turned out that the recovery time between sets was more than adequate for me to get back in track. My heart rate came down quickly and I was well prepared for the next row interval. Rowing is one of the king movements for cardio work, definitely.




No comments:

Post a Comment