Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday 10.2: Snatch, Clean and jerk complex

Monday. Hang squat snatch, 2 reps emom, for 16min (40-50kg). Clean and jerk complex at light weight, 5 sets of: 1 power clean, 3 front squat, 1 push jerk, 1 split jerk. All sets @ 60kg.

I started the week with more like a technique training. Not that heavy stuff on the barbell this time. Sunday was already quite heavy on the squats and the metcon in the end really feels in my upper body. That's also one reason to keep it lighter today.



Snatch.
  • Hang squat snatch
  • 2 reps every minute on the minute
  • For 16 minutes
  • 7x40, 3x45, 3x47.5, 3x50kg

I felt the snatches were a success today! Each attempt that I had went to parallel or beyond on the squat depth. I've noticed that sometimes when I do squat snatches I have troubles landing my feet in correct position which makes it difficult to go deep. My toes tend to point too wide compared to my normal overhead squat position.

Today I concentrated in the landing and was able to find a form in which it was possible to go down enough on each rep. I took only 2 rep per minute so it was able to focus on the technique. I was thinking about the weights hovering around 40-45kg. I began doing those sets at 40kg and as I felt confident enough I added moderately 5kg on the bar. Took a couple more sets and went to 47.5kg. I took 2 or 3 sets at this weight and finished the emom workout with 50kg. I didn't make notes during the session so I go by memory afterwards. Anyway, it was great! And I could have done heavier sets, this felt good!


Rob Orlando doing a modified Kalsu, one of the toughest workouts



Bar complex.
  • 5 sets of:
  • 1 power clean
  • 3 front squat
  • 1 push jerk
  • 1 split jerk
My left elbow was a bit sore for some reason and upper body had taken some hit yesterday also so it felt natural to stay @ 60kg. I did a total of 5 sets, all with the same weight. It was pretty solid all the way. The bar felt as light as it should have felt. On a heavier day this could be something like 80kg. The shoulder-to-overhead movements would be the toughest one.

One set of clean & jerk complex



No comments:

Post a Comment