Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday 12.2: Paused front squats, row 3k

Wednesday. Front squats with a pause 5-3-3-3-3 across (100kg). Technique, ohs and snatch balance. Row for 3k. Time 11.12.

Mobility, front squats and rowing. That's it. Sounds and looks easy but felt good and horrible at the same time. Got good strength work for lower body and rowing for 3k finally smashed my legs. Good session.



Strength.

  • Front squats with a pause 5-3-3-3-3
  • All sets @ 100kg
My calendar notes only told me it's time to squat. Front squats with a pause. But I hadn't defined the amount of reps or sets in advance, somewhere around 100kg is ok when doing it with a stop in the bottom position. I took sets of 5's with 60kg and 80kg for warm-up, then climbed to 100kg.



Took the first set for 5 reps. It was somehow painful in my left knee so the rest of the sets I took for 3 reps. I paid more attention to my form on the remaining sets. You'll see the first set on the video. Those 3 rep-sets were good for me today. I got them to drill in my leg muscles thoroughly and the strength part worked for its purpose.

First set, 5x100kg


Metcon. Time 11.12

  • Row 3k

I finessed my legs by rowing for 3 kilometers. Rowing is such an entire-body-burner. But foremost it's a movement that makes legs burn and of course it demands a lot from the cardiovascular system. I always feel like my legs are the ones that suffer the most. Breathing is heavy, no doubt, but it's manageable all the time and I recover quite soon after I stop rowing. But those legs feel horrible for a while.

3.000m = Time 11.12

Today I had no stress on the rowing, didn't think that much about the time and I actually didn't have any idea what my pace was during the row. I turned the screen to face the ceiling not to see the digits at all. I glanced at it at 1.5km, then turned it away again. At 2.4km I happened to take another look and from then on I kept it visible and started pacing myself up. For the last about 500m I put my heart in and finished the 3.000m wod at 11.12.




No comments:

Post a Comment