Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday 18.4: Rest day

Friday. Rest day.

I was about to hit the gym and work out with Juuso in the early afternoon for some split jerks and metabolic conditioning but then Pauliina suggested to take a rest day and spend the day outdoors. That shocked me for a second or two but then again, it's been a long time since I didn't put my body to test on some level so it started to sound like a good idea.


I've been working on my strength, conditioning, and skills for about 3 weeks in a row without a full rest day so I guess my body will thank me (and Pauliina) for this day off. Let's hope the recovery makes its way to my muscles and lets them get better and more relaxed. It feels fine now, no prob, legs are a bit sore but other than that everything is fine. I suppose the recovery process has developed a lot in my 2 years of crossfitting.


And increasing the level of intensity step by step is paying dividends now. My goal in the early steps was to teach my body to get used to training on a daily basis, and it looks like I'm pretty much where I planned to be.


It really seems the spring is on its way now. The sun is shining, it's getting warmer by the day and I'm on holiday next week! We took a looooong walk and found some cool places in the beautiful Helsinki to play around.

Here's the Games Update show, covering Masters qualifiers, 4 events in 4 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment