Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday 21.4: Handstand, sled, kb, front rack lunges

Monday. Skills, handstand. Metcon, 5 rds of: 20m sled pull, 10 kb swings, 20m sled pull, 20m front rack lunges.

Another training day in Klaukkala. the surroundings have little by little gotten perfect. We finished our own little sled project yesterday and it turned out to be a great leg smoker. We played around with it yesterday and today I took a metcon with this new tool. In addition to the metcon I did some strict pull-ups while playing darts, something every now and then to stay active.


Skills.
  • Handstand
I took some handstand training before getting some real work done. Had some difficulties in stabilizing my body, especially in the beginning as I was training on a slightly inclined platform. The grass area on the back yard is quite flat but there's some variance to indoor training matts. With my skills there's a difference. Once I found a more flat grass it felt much better.



Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 20m sled pull
  • 10 kettlebell swings, 32kg
  • 20m sled pull
  • 20m front rack lunges, 40kg

Before I've had difficulties in getting my legs burn in Klaukkala. Kettlebell swings make a good shock to lower body but other than that it's been pretty much bodyweight movements and my legs have been mostly saved. With the help of our new sled it was a totally different thing. Add lunges with a barbell in front rack position, and my lower body was smashed!



Didn't have a timer rolling but I went through this one with the same intensity anyway. Breathing was heavy, legs were jacked and it was the classic overall bad feeling that crawled in at some point of the workout. It felt good and I was very satisfied of the influence this metcon brought.



I ran with the sled back and forth for 20 meters. On the other end I did kettlebell swings with 2-pood bell and on the other end completed lunges with Kari's new barbell. This grass area is a little inclined so it was a slight downhill, and then a slight uphill back to starting point.




This workout was cool and I'm sure the sled will come handy in the future as well. It was very firm and I'm guaranteed you can load it up with lots of iron inside. It won't break. It seems to weigh something like 30kg or more, I'd say. I loaded it with kettlebells worth 34kg. Kari was doing his share of working out at the same time. It's pretty awesome Pauliina's mom and dad both workout several times a week, that's something to show respect for.

Recap of the metcon


Another thing to look up on these two is they had their 30th anniversary today. Unbelievable thing, congrats! Some day we'll celebrate that with Pauliina too =)



1 comment:

  1. Great weekend with you and Pauliina! We enjoyed every minute with you :) Thank you also for the Champagne and flowers! Looking forward to our next get together.

    ReplyDelete