Monday, April 21, 2014

Sunday 20.4: Split jerks + sled

Sunday. Split jerks

We're gonna spend some time at Pauliina's parents place in the countryside. I had a quick sneak-in at the gym early in the morning. I had desired for split jerks for couple of days now so now it seemed like a good idea. No time for metcons or anything else, just classic split jerks, put the bar overhead.

My playmate on Sunday
Strength.
  • Split jerks 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 (across 90kg)
My goal was to take heavy singles, not looking to max out but more like 90% effort. I built up to 90kg by doing 5x40, 5x60, 2x70, 1x80kg split jerks. I'll add video tomorrow of all the shoulder-to-overhead moves. It felt good to jerk the bar.


I believe all the 90kg reps looked pretty much the same, that's where I get my satisfaction on this kind of heavy lifts. I also believe my legs were doing enough work and I dropped under the bar instead of just pushing / pressing the bar up.

Recap of split jerks


In the afternoon we drove to Klaukkala to celebrate Pauliina's parents' 30th anniversary. I say that's a big deal! Congrats to you guys, incredible achievement and commitment!

Chilling in the sun
Before the feast we finished the operation of building a sled with Kari. I'm glad we actually finished the project :) That wasn't self-evident in the beginning. It turned out to be perfect, simply perfect! I took my breathing up by pulling the sled back and forth, and did some kb snatches and swings in between.

Home gym in Klaukkala
The home gym starts to look like professional stuff! Haha, lots of kettlebells, sled, pull-up bar, dumbbells, resistance band, barbell with weights up to 50kg. What more could you ask for?


Plus it seems like the weather is always perfect in Klaukkala, it's difficult for me to understand



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Tommi from both of us! Maija and Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put on couple of photos and also a recap video of the overhead fun. -Don

    ReplyDelete