Saturday, May 24, 2014

Friday 23.5: two metcons in San Francisco

Friday. Skills, Pull-ups, battling ropes. Metcon, 5rds of: 15 double kb swings, 10 burpees. Metcon, 5rds of: 10 kb snatches, 15 push-ups, 20 squats.

We arrived in San Francisco yesterday, right around the Union Square / Market street area. It was a rest day from training but not from exploring the states. We walked around the city, got to know this area well and then headed to Chinatown later on. It's way colder than it was in the south. And windy. Anyway, today it was time to do a workout at the hotel's great fitness area and then head north of San Fran to Fisherman's wharf and Alcatraz penitentiary, a.k.a. The Rock. That was a place with lots of history! Once home to Al Capone upon other tough criminals.

Metcon.
5 rounds of:
15 double kettlebell swings, 2x30lbs
10 burpees

This is the only place where I have seen ropes. Not to be climbed but to battle them. I tried them for some time but couldn't find it very natural. The ropes hit each other every now and then, causing me to lose my rhythm. There was also a pull-up bar so I was hanging there instantly after entering the gym. My metcon consisted of kb swings, 2 bells, one each hand. Accompanied with classic burpees. Great one. Grip strength was a bit challenging on the swings.

Metcon.
5 rounds of:
10 dumbbell snatches, 50lbs
15 push-ups
20 air squats

This was something I dominated. Snatches weren't that bad. This was the heaviest weight I found but it turned out to be good for this workout. Push-ups and squats have been easy to write in to workouts. You can do them anywhere.

We are staying in the States for couple more days and I'll try to get some training involved before returning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment