Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thursday 8.5: Row, Ring dips, Du's

Thursday. Workout, 4rnft: 20 ring dips, 500m row. Skills, double unders.

Easy day. HC Triplet is coming, just two days to go to year's most demanding event. It's a team event this time and we are pumped to get a chance to workout with each other. I took it clearly easier today, not working with max effort, working on some weaknesses and skills.

Ben Smith on DT, several years ago =)


Workout.
  • 4 rounds not for time:
  • 20 ring dips
  • 500m row
Ring dips are definitely a weakness for me. However, today they felt good and efficient. I took 2x10 in each of the 4 rounds. I found a good rhythm on the dips all the way. This workout was not a timed one, it was a good relaxing recovery type of workout. Even though there were 80 reps I don't think this will burn my body too much.

On the rowing I took it very easy. Something like 1.50-1.55, mostly for recovery purposes too. I jumped on the rowing right away though. Chilling out on this one.



Skills.
  • Unbroken sets of double unders
  • 10-20-30-20-10-20-30-20-10-20-30-20-10
I would have liked to work more on the ring dips but I didn't want them to burn me too much. Taking it light today by all means. In the end I took some skill work with double unders. Sets of 10, 20 and 30 reps, ascending / descending ladder. Total of 250 reps. However, I had one miss at some set of 20 reps so it turned out to be 265 reps instead. There's a flight simulator where you start with 5 reps, add 5 reps after each set until you reach 50 unbroken du's. Then climb back down from there until you're back at 5 unbroken reps.





No comments:

Post a Comment