Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday 7.5: Handstand, Presses, Run

Wednesday. Skills, handstand. Technique, behind the neck presses 3x6. Run, 3x800m, rest 3:00 between sets.

Day in Eltsu. Indoors for handstand and barbell work, then I went outdoors to hit the track for some sprints. My running isn't in place yet, gotta do more work to get back to full speed. Today I did 800m runs. In the end I did one rounds of hero workout Brenton: 30m bear crawl, 30m standing broad-jump. Complete 5 burpees after every 3 broad-jumps. Actually it should have been 3 burpees after 5 jumps but I remembered it incorrectly. I got a good perception of the workout.



Skills.
  • Handstand
It was cold as hell outdoors so I went indoors to work on this specific skill. Took couple of sets to get activated on my shoulders. I had big ambitious to go after overhead squats and this seemed like a good preparation for that. My right knee was a little sore after yesterday's training session so I skipped everything related to squatting below parallel.


Barbell.
  • Behind the neck presses 3x6 (50, 60, 65kg)
  • Took the barbell from ground
I'd like to practice presses and jerks behind neck. It would be perfect to have blocks from where to take it to back rack and do jerk singles. Then drop the bar back to blocks and repeat. This way I could do for example heavy triples, all from behind neck. Now I'm a little intimated to dropping the bar back to my back rack starting position. I've never dropped over 60kg back to where it started.

Today I took 3 sets of 6 reps from behind the neck, the heaviest being 65kg. The weight was light but I didn't dare to go further. It felt quite good to drop it but because I haven't done much of them so I stayed at 65kg. Definitely worth trying for heavier. Little by little.

"Biggest Loser" Bob doing Grace


Track.
  • 3x800m
  • Rest 3:00 between sets
It was time to get back outdoors. I've ran some of those 400m sprints in the spring time. Today I doubled the distance and completed 3 sets with 3min rest between sets. My running pace isn't quite there yet but hey, that's what's crossfit is all about. When you spot a weakness, you practice that one and conquer it over time. That's my plan!

Regionals begin this Friday!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment