Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday 13.6: Kettlbells and running

Friday. Outdoor metcon, 20 to 2, down by 2's, kb swing (32kg), run around the block between rounds.

We were supposed to go to home gym with Pauliina and Juuso but it turned out to be closed for the day because of some sewage work. The smell was disastrous so we had to leave the premises. Anyway, I went to the backyard in the evening and took my toy with me for some running and kettlebell action.


Metcon.

  • 20-18-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2, kettlebell swing, 32kg
  • Run, around the block, ca. 300m+
How simple can it be to get a good workout in the books. Bring a kettlebell and your body and we're ready to rock'n'roll. I took a descending ladder of kb swings with my 2-pood bell. Swinging that baby was a walk in the park, no probs at all.


I ran around our home block, I've measured it's about 130m for this street you see in the picture, then turn around the corner, run about 20-30m and take the next street back. It takes a little more than 300 meters to get back from where I started.


I completed all the kb swings unbroken, and they faced no problems at any stage of the workout. They made me breath heavier for sure. It's always when you bring something overhead, the heart has to do more work and thus more heavy breathing occurs.


My back came a little sore during the workout. Not from the swings but from the running. I sometimes get some back ache without any reason. Maybe my running pose sucks, I don't know. My back maybe arches too much, I should focus more on my running form and do more work with my core. I guess.


The back ache caused me to slow my pace on the running on the last 3-4 rounds. Had to slow it down so that I noticed my breathing got slower and easier to control. Transitions stayed the pretty much same throughout the metcon. The only thing that changed was slower running and thus breathing was well controlled and I recovered already during the workout.

Take a look at some swings and running



No comments:

Post a Comment