Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday 19.6: Clean and jerk complex, Burpees

Thursday. Clean and jerk complex, 7 sets of: 1 squat clean + 3 jerks (max 90kg). Burpees, 30sec on, 30sec off, for 7min. Result, 12 reps per set.

I don't seem to get tired of working my strength to next level with barbells. Putting weights overhead is a great feeling after a successful lift. Doesn't matter which movement it is but having a barbell loaded with plates and having it with straight arms brings satisfaction beyond words. Today it was turn to work on clean and jerks in a bar complex style. It took its taxes and I felt hammered after that. I only took some burpee sprints in the end.




Barbell complex.
  • 7 sets of: 1 squat clean + 3 split jerks
  • Weights at 60, 70, 80, 82.5, 85, 87.5, 90kg
I felt good on these lifts. Foam rolling and mobility in the beginning to get myself going. Took some empty bar and 40kg warm-up lifts before making it to 60kg. I felt more shaky in this weight compared to heavier ones =) Squat clean was easy on all lifts. I had the barbells on my fingertips only on the clean and then re-adjusted the bar as I stood up and bounced the bar up to get a good grip.

From 70kg on the lifts were identical in my opinion. I focused well on each set and had good jerks at all reps. I believe my hip work - dip and drive - were good today and I simply felt very confident all the way. Before walking to the gym I thought it would be nice to throw around weights at around 80kg. After having taken that first set at this weight I realized there's more room to go up. So I kept adding 2.5kg after every set.

I can't say the last set was light. But I want to believe there was still air to making it heavier. I wanna keep adding strength on overhead strength so more jerks are ahead of me.





Bodyweight.
  • 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off, for 7 minutes:
  • Burpees
  • Result 12 reps every set
I took some double unders at this stage but it felt like my shins were aching and shoulders were also somehow painful so I skipped it pretty soon. I had some jump rope action in my mind but I changed it on the fly and took burpee intervals. Nice… I set the timer in front of me and started moving up and down.

30 second intervals, as many reps as possible in this time frame. With a running clock, recover for the rest of the minute, then start again. Repeat for a total of 7 minutes. I had time to complete 12 burpees in every set. That was the best pace I was able to go for today. It felt a little worse by the round but I had it locked up in my mind to stick to the 12 burpees after first round.

I'm happy I was able to maintain that speed all the way. Looking from the side it probably looked the same. In the inside it felt different the longer the minutes went on. But I pushed the feeling aside and kept moving. It was a total of 86 reps during this intervals.




No comments:

Post a Comment