Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday 17.6: Snatch, Clean, Shuttle run

Tuesday. Snatch singles (40-60kg). Clean emom workout with ascending ladder (up to 102.5kg). Shuttle run, 5 sets at max effort of: 10-10-20-10-10-20m sprints.

I went to work a little later today and took the opportunity to spend the morning in Eltsu, one of my favorite training spots. It's quite common I do some sort olympic lifts there and today was no exception. Had to take some snatches before moving on to cleans. I ended the session with some taxing short sprints.



Strength. Singles between 40-60kg

  • Snatch singles, 6x40, 6x50, 1x55, 1x60, 1x65 failed, 1x65 failed, 1x60, 3x50kg

My goal walking in to the cave was to practice on my squat snatch and go as far as I could go. I was able to go to squat at about 55kg, and from then on I had no options but to lift them as power snatches. I think it's some sort of mental barrier of having the courage to drop under the barbell.

I'm not that satisfied with how my lifts differ from each other. This movement must be considered as a weakness of mine. However, I ain't gonna put my focus too much on this one because then it would suck the training time from everything else.

In the past I might have stopped lifting if I get a fail or two in the end. Now I've taken another a different approach so that the last lifts must be successful ones. Don't ever walk away with failed lifts, make it a good one with lighter weights if you can't take the heavier ones up.

Recap of snatches


Clean. Up to 102.5kg

  • Every minute on the minute, build up to a heavy single
  • Start at 60kg, add 5kg every minute. After 80kg add 2.5kg every minute
  • Start with doubles, continue with singles after 90kg

This was a great one. Climbing up the ascending ladder of squat cleans. I took doubles in the beginning, then after 80kg I changed them to singles. The weights started from 60kg and increased 5kg / 2.5kg per minute. More in the beginning, less in the end because the weighs get so much heavier.

I felt pretty solid on these cleans. I took every rep through a squat clean and these lifts were pretty similar. I'm happy on the way I was able to walk this through. And I was able to climb up to 102.5kg. This was my last attempted lift and I got it. Very satisfied on these cleans.

Cleans

Sprints.

  • 5 working sets at max effort
  • Shuttle run 10-10-20-10-10-20m

Somehow I recalled a "full gasser, performed on a football field. Running sprints from sideline to sideline. I wanted to have something like that in my training day. I solved the problem by running at the indoor track for sprints between 10 and 20 meters, you'll see it better from the video. My butt hurt a lot after this session as I walked to the parking lot. It was definitely worth taking this kind of running into the training catalogue!


Sprints



No comments:

Post a Comment