Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday 25.7: Front squat, Hspu, T2b

Friday. Strength, emom, 3 front squat per min, for 8min (100kg). Metcon, in a 60sec time window, perform 8 hspu, rest of minute t2b, then 1min rest. For a total of 10min.

Squats! You don't know how much I've missed 'em. I was still a bit afraid to load up and squat but my legs felt good. Kept the weight at moderate weight. Then some skills based metcon. Two skills-oriented movements to get my heart beat up. Great session. And efficient one.




Strength. Emom
  • 3 front squat per minute
  • All sets at 100kg
This barbell with 100kg weight felt good and solid today. I tried some pause squats with empty barbell but those created some unwanted tension in my calf so I stayed with normal front squats. The weight felt heavier than to what I'm used to but still there was no doubt to make all the lifts. Yesterday's kettlebell swings can be felt in my hamstrings for sure.




Metcon.
  • In a 60 second time window, perform:
  • 8 handstand push-ups, rest of the minute as many reps as possible of toes-to-bar
  • Repeat for 10min
  • Result, 22, 18, 16, 14, 12 toes-to-bar
Interval training with hspu's and t2b's. Something like what our host at the Crossfit Games - Pat Sherwood - is used to do a lot lately. I combined these two movements. Put the clock running, complete 8 hspu's right on, then use the rest of the minute for an amrap of t2b's. When you finished 60 seconds of work, rest for another 60 seconds. Then start all over again.

I continued this for a total of 10 minutes, that is 5 rounds of work (and 5min rest). I got those hspu's done unbroken and I was positively surprised I got them done touch'n'go style. Didn't have to stop at any point to catch a breath and squeeze in the last reps. No, I kept moving up and down against the wall. That's the reason I had same amount of time to be used for t2b's after handstand push-ups.

On the first round it was 22 reps before the time came up. On the second round I got 18 reps. From then on I had to drop down from the barbell at some point. First 2 sets I went unbroken with one grip only. My core was on fire! This was a good workout, no doubt. Not the toughest on lungs but doing high-rep sets of any movement is always more challenging than doing them in sets of only couple of reps.





No comments:

Post a Comment