Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday 7.7: Running, Kb, T2b and wb

Monday. Pair workout with my bro, 5 rounds of: 400m run, kb swings, t2b's and wall balls.

It was third day in a row working outdoors. And it was as great as it could be. Working out with a brother is never a bad choice, quality family time! We went to Arabianranta, checking out the seaside neighborhoods where we used to live a while ago. There's monkey bars and I brought kettlebell and wall ball with me so that was enough equipment for an effective workout.



Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • One athlete: 400m run
  • Second athlete: 10 kettlebell swings + 10 toes-to-bar + amrap of wall balls
The point in the workout was that Sipa went running and during his run I had to complete 10 kb swings, 10 t2b's and then for the rest of the time it was an amrap of wall balls. The result per round was the number of wall ball repetitions completed. Those swings and t2b's were just compulsory stuff prior to wb's.

Bros

It turned out to be quite a gasser. Breathing got heavy in the early steps of the workout and settled down some time after the metcon was done. I thought I pressed the timer on when we started but once I went to stop it I noticed it had never even began, nice!


We ran in the park near the sea. The views in Arabianranta are beautiful. It was a pity we didn't have time to stop and awe but we just kept on fueling forward around the loop Sipa had determined us to run. I decided to ignore the heavy breathing and mentally just decided to keep up the pace I picked on in the beginning. That strategy proved to work this time. It felt nasty but I kept it.


Recap of training day

The other part of the workout was swings, core work on the pull-up bar and wall balls. There were only 10 reps on the first 2 stations so it was basically just pushing through. You can always complete 10 reps of any bodyweight movement. It's another thing to keep a steady pace on them during a workout. Today I managed this workout very well and the pace remained good.

First 10min of the workout

The result per round was obviously the amount of wall balls you were able to knock on the wall. By the way the wall wasn't as high as we wanted but it still hurt, naturally. I got 19 reps on the first round, 27 on the second, and 25 on each of the remaining 3 rounds. So it totaled 121 reps, in addition to those 50 swings and t2b's.

It was great to hit a workout with my bro in a perfect weather. It's getting hot in here, and the sky is clear blue. Spectacular! I'm still finding my way to the gym tomorrow. It's been 3 days in a row working outdoors and I miss my barbells. Have to get my hands around those things.


Here's some serious action from Competitorstraining.com, "Black and Blue"




No comments:

Post a Comment