Monday, July 14, 2014

Su-Mo 13-14.7: Handstand + CF Fuengirola

Sunday-Monday. Handstand + Crossfit Fuengirola.

Sunday.
  • Handstand


Sunday was a day at the beach and I focused on sunbathing and handstand skills. It's pretty awesome to throw yourself upside down at such a beautiful scenery if you ask me. And it's been quite encouraging to understand I can do handstand and handstand walk on a sandy platform where tce ground is very uneven under my hands.

Monday. Training at Crossfit Fuengirola. Today was another try to get myself inside the local Box. Kari suggested we'd run there so we agreed to do that together for starters. It was awesome to have him with me at the affiliate. The workout included kettlebell action in the beginning, then some light strength work and finally a killer workout.


Warm-up.
  • Run 3.5km, then
  • 2rds of:
  • 30sec 1-arm swing, right
  • 30sec 1-arm swing, left
  • 30sec 1-arm clean, right
  • 30sec 1-arm clean, left
  • 30sec kb swing
  • 30sec rest



Barbell.
  • Deadlift 2x8
  • Bench 2x8


I did these with light weights. They were supposed to be between 55-65% of max. Had 110kg for deads and 60kg for bench. Way lighter to what I'm used to.


Metcon.
  • 5rds of:
  • 200m run
  • 10 pullups
  • 20 hspu
  • 30 squats
  • 40 du


I saw this written on the wall and said to the coach it's gonna be brutal on shoulders. And it definitely was. The biggest amount of hspu's I've done in training session has been at around 50-60reps. Today the whiteboard said 100 reps. I figured what the heck, let's do it!

It was no surprise it was a nightmare on ly shoulders. All other movements were okay, had no problems with them. But those hspu's... First round was still doable, the desperation hit at the end of second round as I realized there was still 60 reps looming ahead of me.

But somehow I crawled to the finish line in this encouraging environment of crossfit athletes. I felt very welcomed from the first step I took inside this Box. Great community to say the least, respect. And thanks to Kari as well for tagging along and giving good uptalk. Can you imagine he went running alongside me on every round :)








2 comments:

  1. It was nice to join You and see all the wods at Fuengirola Cf box. It was awesome to see the great spirit there. Everyone was really cheering each other and I could see, how welcome you were at the box. Some of the guys were doung high fives even with me after the wod, although I was not joining the wod, only cheering Tommi and joined a couple of runs, which was part of the wod. Great experience all in all! Tommi You were clearly one of the best trainees during the wod. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kari, appreciate it =) The atmosphere was beyond words. Even though we didn't have same language with these guys, there were like brothers and sisters when it came to working out with them. The spirit was magnificent as you also witnessed!

    ReplyDelete