Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thursday 24.7: Outdoors, Kettlebell, Squats and T2b

Thursday. Metcon, 5rds of: 20 kb swing (32kg), 40 squats, 10 t2b.

After work I went to the gym with a pal who's interested in making a life changing turn on regards to sports. I've been brainwashing him to crossfit and today he lost his virginity to crossfit. It was his first wod: metcon of squats, kb swings and db presses, then short rest and 30sec on / 30sec off row intervals. I'm very proud of this fella and we're definitely gonna put more effort in with him. It was heart-warming news as he texted me after the session he went to buy a 28kg kettlebell for future training purposes! =) I didn't have time to do workouts at the gym myself so in the evening I put on my shorts and went backyard for some kb action.



Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 20 kettlebell swing, 32kg
  • 40 air squats
  • 10 toes-to-bar
There's not many things I dare to do currently. I tried one clean & jerk with this 2-pood bell and my calf was on a different opinion immediately. I really hope to get rid of this kind of nonsense that's preventing me to go 100% and all movements. Usually there's some sort of jolt with feet against ground.

However, on these movements that I performed I managed to come up with such a combo it's gonna put pressure on legs but not bother otherwise. Workout was simple but taxing. Classic stuff. Kids' playground swing beam was good enough pull-up bar for me this time for the toes-to-bar movement.



I got all kb swings unbroken. It started to feel unpleasant but still I nailed them ub. Air squats were surprisingly the toughest movement. Had to break them down. On the first round I went unbroken but then I guess it was 25-15 or something close. There could have ideally been more t2b but I had to take into consideration that the bar was not round but square and thus not very good for grip.

Good workout!



The CF Games have begun. Jonne Koski performed great on the first event and placed second overall, c'mon! Rich Froning have clearly learned how to swim and is on top of the leader board after first day (The Beach event and 1 rep max overhead squat). Kara Webb leads the women by placing great on both events (3rd and 1st). Check more on games.crossfit.com





No comments:

Post a Comment