Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday 1.7: Bodyweight 12min amrap

Tuesday. Metcon, 12min amrap of: 12 burpees, 12 t2b, 40 du. Result, 320 reps.

There's been a lot of barbell work lately so I skipped them today and concentrated in moving my own body. After the metcon I took some stretching and mobility for recovery purposes. Burpees, t2b and double unders.



Metcon. Result, 320 reps (5 rounds).
  • 12min amrap of:
  • 12 burpees
  • 12 toes-to-bar
  • 40 double unders
Don't let this one fool you. Think about the movements, each make the breathing go heavy. At first sight I thought for a second it's probably a cool and a light one with only bodyweight stuff included. After thinking for a minute I realized it's gonna be a misery. And it was. In a good way of course.

Burpees got to my shoulders on the third round and the pace got a little slower for sure. Got them unbroken though every round. T2b's were easy for 2 rounds, then I took it 6-6 on the 3rd one and 6-3-3 on the last 2 rounds I was able to get through. It was like my hip flexors were coming to an end and didn't agree to come up again.

Double unders felt good even though they were heavy after some jumping around. Combination of double unders and burpees got to my shoulders in a tough way. There was some people at the gym and there wasn't that much extra space so it was kind of a hassle to find a spot each round and be careful not to hit anyone with the jump rope. At times I had to stop jumping because people wanted to go by me. That was kind of a sucker but only natural thing in a crowded area =) It's only a good thing people wanna workout!

These calisthenics guys are pretty darned incredible. I came across this video as Rob Orlando mentioned about it in strongmanwod.com. I look up to this kind of body control. That is sick, respect!



2 comments:

  1. Amazing, it seems like he is hanging in the air... Incredible!!!

    -Sipa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing stuff, he's dominating gravity!

    ReplyDelete