Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday 22.7: Row, Snatch, Hspu, T2b and Burpees

Tuesday. Metcon, 7 rds of: 250m row, 3 hang power snatch (40kg), 6 hspu, 9 t2b, 12 burpees. Time 24.17.

Today's session was difficult to come up with. My right calf is somehow sore still from cramping on Sunday. Yesterday was all about presses and pull-ups in different variations and weights. Today's workout was supposed to be a little easier at least considering the pace on which I was thinking about moving ahead.



Metcon. Time 24.17
  • 7 rounds of:
  • 250m row
  • 3 hang power snatch, 40kg
  • 6 handstand push-ups
  • 9 toes-to-bar
  • 12 burpees
I thought about just putting the clock running but not concentrate it at all, just forget about it and work with these movements with your own pace. You know, just do the work with 70% effort. Well, I started working, did the movements as written and at some point I realized it was indeed a metcon and my heart rate was through the roof at times. Especially after those burpees. Kept a pretty steady pace throughout these rounds, at around 3:30 plus/minus something.

The goal was to keep moving for the entire long workout. Not gas out at any point. Everything went unbroken. That was no surprise to me as the reps were moderate for each station. It doesn't mean it didn't hurt at times. I'm feeling good that snatches felt light, hspu's went touch'n'go style almost every rep, and t2b's were the easiest for me.


Burpees sucked in this workout. As they should too! That's what they are created for =) I have a love / hate relationship with burpees. Probably quite the ordinary story among crossfitters. Such a beautifully simple movement and still, it takes you to dark places when having a high-rep burpee-workout. I battled them through unbroken, paced it though the end a little slower but still managed to keep my body moving constantly.

This workout was somehow great in its own nature. All movements were thought out so that I can move through them without stopping at any point. My focus was not to get the best possible score in the beginning but it changed somewhat during the process of this 24min workout. Originally I thought about possibly taking breaks and then continue but once I started the workout I did it in a regular style and tried to keep up with my round times the further the workout continued.




It was a bit difficult though to move through this workout as my right calf was hard as a rock. It cramped again as I came down from the wall on hspu's on the first round. Then it was tough all the way. I had to do burpees with one leg for couple of rounds as it was a little too sensitive for the jolt with the ground. Got to stretch it out for proper recovery.

The Games start tomorrow for individuals but Masters have already begun. Go and check the live stream at Games.crossfit.com for further information. Now it begins guys, are you ready?!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment