Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesday 9.7: Ring mu's, 45min workout

Wednesday. Skills, ring muscle-ups. Workout, 3 rds of: 1 round of Hammer, 1k row, 1 round of DT, 1k row. Time 47.28.

Today I left work early to hit a workout on my own. Nobody else at the gym except Pauliina who came there about an hour after I had started. We're heading to Spain for a week in the evening. There was a good time slot to find some real muscle misery in the gym. I went after ring skills and a looooong workout.





Skills.

  • Ring muscle-ups

I had no rush at all so I took my time to get properly warmed up, then hit couple of muscle-ups. Just singles this time, aimed to remind my body how it's done. Couple of reps without false grip and then couple in the end with false grip. No biggie, felt good!




Workout. Time 47.28

  • 3 rounds of:
  • 1 round of Hammer (5 power clean, 10 front squat, 5 push jerk, 20 pull-ups) 60kg
  • 1.000m row
  • 1 round of DT (12 deadlift, 9 hang power clean, 6 push jerk) 60kg
  • 1.000m row

Huh, not a funny one. I needed to have my hands on a barbell because I don't know when the next time will be. Will I find one in Spain or is it gonna be more like gymnastics and bodyweight movement there. I don't know the answer so I played it safe and worked with a bar quite a lot. Mixed in some rowing to make it more grueling.



Hero workout Hammer consists of power cleans, front squats, push jerks and pull-ups. I took one round of that set, and combined it with another her workout called DT. That one is originally completed with 70kg bar but that would have been too much for me to handle. Especially those hang power cleans. So I went with the same barbell all the way. DT is about deads, cleans and jerks. In between these two heroes I had a 1k row.



This is obviously not an all in effort for the entire time. It's more like finding your pace and try to stick with it. I decided to take the row at a steady pace, not going to gas myself out of the game, it was sub 2:00 / 500m pace. In the end that started to feel bad too =) There was a total of 6.000m row during this metcon.


In general I found it awesome to hit this kind of long workout compared to a 5-20min workouts. Constant variety. Anyway, see ya, we're going to enjoy the sun and vacation!




1 comment:

  1. Oops, my camera failed me on the DT shooting… Sorry for that. -Don

    ReplyDelete