Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesday 20.8: Snatches and Box jump overs

Wednesday. Strength, power snatch 3-3-3-3-3 (across 55kg). Metcon of power snatches and box jump overs.

It was all about snatches today! This is not one of my favorites and I admit I don't do them that often. It's very technical movements and it kind of bugs me that my mobility doesn't allow me to do proper squat snatches. That is probably one reason I tend to focus more on clean and jerks, squats and other strength movements. Today I focused a lot on this movement, first on strength and then on a metcon.


Strength.
  • Power snatch 3-3-3-3-3 (across 55kg)
I was very satisfied with this strength session. It was simultaneously technique training for this olympic lifting movement. Main goal with this one was finding a good bar path, and to be able to move proper weights. The load was good, I'll take it for now. About the bar path, it was okay for now but it definitely should travel closer to my body. There's way too much distance between body and path at the moment. I try to pull the back of my head fiercely backwards to open space for the bar to travel directly vertically. However, I should do it better because the bar runs away a little too much forward

Snatch strength


Metcon.
  • 3x3 min amraps
  • 2min rest between amraps
  • A) 3 power snatch (45kg) + 6 box jump overs (result 5rds + 3 snatch)
  • B) 2 power snatch (50kg) + 6 box jump overs (result 5rds + 4 box jump overs)
  • C) 1 power snatch (55kg) + 6 box jump overs (result 6rds + 1 snatch)
This was great! Got the inspiration from NC Lab. This was a good metabolic conditioning plus my legs started to burn big time. The set-up was so that you complete 3min workout (as many reps as possible in that time frame), then rest 2 min before hitting another 3min amrap, then another 2min rest before the last 3min amrap. The number of repetitions dropped by one rep on the snatch in every amrap and simultaneously the weights went up with 5kg. The last was supposed to be challenging but I got them done much better than I thought.


Snatch + Box jump overs


Had no idea how many rounds I did every round, had to check it from the video. I got a little further every round. It started from 5+ rounds and ended up with 6+ rounds. I had my thoughts about the loads but I had decided those beforehand and decided to follow the plan. This workout was supposed to be of the nature where you can keep on moving constantly so that's the reason why I was thinking whether I had set the kilos right on the barbell each round.

I enjoyed this training session a lot. It was cool to go for snatches and they felt good. I used hook grip on the strength portion. This is something I've tried to learn little by little. Got it also in cleans, occasionally.





No comments:

Post a Comment