Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wednesday 6.8: Presses, Row, Pull-ups

Wednesday. Barbell, light complex of: 3 shoulder press + 3 push press (max 55kg). Workout, 4 rds of: 500m row, 15 pull-ups, 10 shoulder press (40kg).

Those heavy deadlifts really feel in my body right now. I feel like I was hit my a car, body is totally hammered. I realized it only at the gym, didn't see that coming earlier in the morning. I went to work later in the afternoon so we had time to hit the gym in the morning with Pauliina. I went there with blank thoughts and it soon turned out I'd better listen to my body and take it easy this time. Took some press work and then a workout for quality, not for time.



Barbell.
  • 3 shoulder press + 3 push press
  • Sets @ 40, 50, 55, 55kg
Even though my posterior chain is screaming for help I wanted to touch the barbell, only for a light work though. I did it in complex style of shoulder presses and push presses. Definitely didn't feel like putting a lot of load overhead today. But this was a good one, the weights stayed light and it seemed to suit well for me today. Had no problems with the sets in any of them.



Workout.
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 500m row
  • 15 pull-ups
  • 10 shoulder press (40kg)
This time I have no idea how much this one took me because that was not the main point of the workout. Just needed to get some work done so I took my pauses and breaks after every station. On the rower my pace was 1.50 or a bit faster. I basically focused on doing the work with my legs instead of hands. The goal was to put lower body in action here and save upper body for pull-ups and shoulder presses.

I got the pull-ups unbroken for all 4 rounds. That was not a surprise as such but for some reason my body felt way more tired than normally so that caused the pull-ups to be more challenging than regularly. Presses were light in weight but they were to be completed without using legs at all, as shoulder presses. Usually I don't put shoulder presses into metcons ever but the nature of this one was different as I took my time to recover between movements. So I got these unbroken each round too.



This is part 5 of the series: "Lucas Parker's Road to the Games". I suggest you to take a look at the entire series. Just put the topic on youtube and you will be guided to all sets




No comments:

Post a Comment