Saturday, September 27, 2014

Saturday 27.9: Vierumäki, Handstand, Oly lifts

Saturday. Training day at Vierumäki. 1: "Amazing race", 2: Handstand, 3: Clean and jerk

This Saturday was freaking awesome! We got a prize for winning a competition at work and we were given the opportunity to travel to Vierumäki leisure centre for a spectacular day. First, there was "Amazing Race" style competition, playful action before I took a short handstand training session. And finally we went to do clean & jerks with Toni. After eating we had a possibility to watch Finland's national weightlifting team hit their training camp. Beautiful lifts I got to say!



Amazing Race.

  • Race win

I had no idea what's about to happen. The only thing the program agency had told us was to wear sports clothes and be ready to move outdoors. We got some instructions and were sent of to the first task. They were all some how sporty stuff but the real thing was that we had to run around this area a lot. We were sweating a lot, and because it was a competition we ran like animals with my team. That finally turned out to be one of our strengths too and we ran by Toni's team for example. This was a little too much for him to handle ;) The trash talk had began. Well, we rocked the competition and finished it in sub 50 minutes whereas normally people go through the course in about 90 minutes. I have no idea how much we ran but Toni's guess was around 5km.



Skills.

  • Handstand

Because we finished the workout about half an hour quicker than the rest of the crew I had time to work on my handstand. I found a perfect place for this purpose. My first attempt was record breaking effort. For some reason it felt extremely good being upside down. I had stayed there for a while as I heard someone shout "is that difficult" and answered back yes. "Then how come you're still staying there". I don't know it myself. Once I came down I realized there was a little kiddo with his momma and the kid was interested how long I've practiced handstand.

The video below was second set, and the only one I got on my phone's camera. Couldn't stay still but anyway all efforts were alright and especially since I haven't done handstand in ages. It's a cool skill to handle and it would be nice to have more time and opportunities to go after it.



Barbell.

  • Clean and jerk, 1x60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100f, 90, 95kg
  • Clean technique, 5x60, 5x60, 5x60, 3x80kg

More about this session tomorrow =) Here's the video for starters







No comments:

Post a Comment