Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wednesday 26.11: Clean and jerk, Clean, Pull-ups, Box

Wednesday. Barbell, clean and jerk, mostly singles (max 95kg). Couple of cleans (max 100kg). Metcon, 11rds of: 4 hang power clean, 8 pull-up, 12 box. Time, 14.27.

Wednesday's seem to be the days when I go to work a little later than normally. There's a good time slot to hit a morning workout. I packed my gym bag and took off 9.15 in the morning. That's good time for me, not too early because I wouldn't that sharp an hour or two earlier. There was a time when I used to do my training at 7.00 but now that seems impossible =) That time there were no options as I had my floorball practice with the team in the evening. Nowadays I prefer to sleep. Agenda for today was overhead strength and metcon.

Final time 14.27 on the metcon. It took me couple of seconds to push the timer off

Barbell.
  • Clean and jerk 5x40, 3x50, 3x60, 1x70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 75, 80kg
  • Clean 1x90, 95, 100kg
This was great, it was awesome feeling to have the barbell overhead with heavy weights on. I'm not saying this was a perfect session but I felt like I'm back in the game. It's been rare to push / jerk the barbell overhead because of this minor injury but today there was some light on the issue. Started with easy weights, just getting accustomed to the barbell and the movement.

After 60kg I took only singles, there was no max lifts in sight at any point, that was not the purpose of this day. However, I was looking to building up to heavy lifts. Most cleans were technically sound and similar, some of them were a bit off but I'm happy with them. On the jerks my front leg seems to work with lighter weights but when heavier loads come in to play front foot is not going forward enough. That means I'm not dropping below the bar enough which makes it more challenging. Better technique would result in heavier kilos obviously. That has a tremendous effect.

Recap of barbell work


Metcon. Time, 14.27
  • 11 rounds of:
  • 4 hang power clean, 60kg
  • 8 pull-up
  • 12 box
This was created on the spot. The only thing I came up was doing couple of pull-ups, everything else was imagination. Somehow cleans ended up partnering up with pull-ups so there were 2 different pull movements. Had to get a friend for these guys and box jumps felt a superb idea. And it actually was. There was some walking between stations. Barbell was about 10m away from pull-up and box stations. It was actually good recovery between movements. Don't know if it would have fastened things up if they had been closer together but this was the way the set up was created.

This was supposed to be a 10-rounder but I messed up with the timer and after the workout it stated there were 11 rounds instead =) Round times were astonishingly similar. It was basically 1:30-1:35 all the time. First 2 rounds were faster as well as the last round which was about 1:10. This was a good metcon for sure. Everything was done unbroken. Nothing too taxing, not too light. Just kept going and pushing through with steady pace.

There are some serious lifts from these guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment