Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday 29.12: Front squats

Monday. Front squat 10x3 (across 120kg).

Heavy day! Program stood front squat triples, and definitely not easy ones. These weights have climbed up gradually on front squats too. I had little time today as my lady was pushing me to finish the barbell play and head home together with her. She had some running intervals, looked like heavy breathing to my eye.

Back from Christmas

Strength.
  • Front squat 10x3 (all sets 120kg)
These 10 sets took me a total of 31 minutes. That means to say there wasn't much of a recovery between sets. Not the ideal length but I prefer a bit shorter if that's possible. It felt like my legs were up to the challenge so it was okay to hit another set after shorter recovery period.

One set at 3x120kg

At this moment I'll say that I've had 120kg on front rack for a triple squat most likely twice in my life. Those 2 times are at least the ones I can remember. So it's probably obvious that I was a bit nervous when I looked at the weights I was supposed to move today.

But confidence was still there as in Winter War I got 3x125kg and 2x130kg just before Christmas. That really boosted self esteem on the squats. So today's first set was heavy but still "easy". That definitely helped mentally, and I got all sets done in a similar manner. First rep was quite easy on every set, second was tougher and third was something that needed to be pushed a lot more.


Event 2, deadlift ladder


This was somehow easier than the heavy back squat triples I did back in late autumn. That's a bit strange as I would think having bar in back rack would create better stability. Anyway, it's cool to find out the weights are going up little by little as I'm trying to create a strong base for lower body.




No comments:

Post a Comment