Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday 23.2: CJ complex, Front squat, Mainsite wod

Monday. Complex, 5 sets of: clean, front squat, jerk, clean, front squat, jerk (max 92.5kg). Front squat 4-4-4-4 (max 120kg). Mainsite wod, 4rds of: 10 sdhp, 10 push press, 20 back squat (42.5kg barbell). Time, 9.38.

Great day of training! Heavy barbell work to start with, and working on my oly skills in there. Complex to begin with, and assisting it with front squats. The first time doing real front squats after I had this injury on my wrist. That thing is gone now and I can fully concentrate in all elements of training I want to pursuit. It turned out my training partner and beloved one wasn't finished with her wod so I had plenty of time to hit the workout of the day from crossfit.com. It was much tougher than it looked like on paper.

Don't mind the end time. I was too beaten up after the workout so it took me a minute to stop it =)

Complex.
  • 5 working sets of:
  • Clean
  • Front squat
  • Jerk
  • Clean
  • Front squat
  • Jerk
  • Weights 80, 85, 87.5, 90, 92.5kg
Need to get better in having the bar overhead. One day I got this fixation in my head and I'll try to fit it in my programming. Today's work load was different than heavy singles of clean and jerk. It was taxing for the body to complete such a many reps in a row with these weights. This complex was great.

Cleans were light and they felt so too. Bar path was good, and I didn't panic out on the squat position of the movement. My wrist seems like it's fully recovered, hopefully that's the real deal now. I found out I'd better complete the front squat right away after standing up from the hole on the squat clean. That way the bar is on the front rack shorter period of time, and thus allowing more energy to be used on the jerk.

Once I completed the jerk, I brought the bar back to the floor, reset, and completed another rep. No tng's here. Total of 5 sets on this complex, starting from 80kg, going up to 92.5kg. This was big news. Somehow I got lots of satisfaction over the weights that moved around. Yes, it got heavy but still the jerk was no problem at any time. Very satisfying news!




Squats.
  • Front squat 4-4-4-4 (110, 115, 117.5, 120kg)
After recovering for 2 minutes, I loaded the bar on the rack with 110kg, and took a 4 rep set. Easy one. Add more weights and it got spicy. Still manageable though. Small plates at the end of the bar and completed another set of 4 reps @ 117.5kg. No compromises on the form. That was definitely a big goal. Have a good posture and upright position in all sets. One step further and the last set at 120kg was tough but yet, I manhandled it.




Mainsite. Time, 9.38
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 10 sumo deadlift high pull, 42.5kg
  • 10 push press, 42.5kg
  • 20 back squat, 42.5kg
Okay, at this moment my body was smashed. It gets on me if I work through a number of strength sets with heavy weights. I took about 10 minutes to recover from the last squats before starting this one. I saw this mainsite workout in the morning, and it looked appealing right away. Light weight barbell was a good choice after the strength part. Definitely no heavy weights at this stage.

What I was a little scared of, was the number of back squats. No matter the load on the barbell if it's such a high-rep workout. Those sdhp's were not gonna make a big difference, there were only 10 of them. Same with the push press. I knew both wouldn't bring problems. Of course they would start hurting shoulder and create breathing problems but this workout would be all about back squats. And it was.

First round was the fastest, around 1:47, and the following 3 rounds were about 2:30-2:40. They were consistent after the first round. I went unbroken on the sdhp's for maybe 2 rounds, then dropped the bar after 6 reps on the last 2 rounds. Took just a couple of seconds break and then finished it.

On the first round I got the push presses unbroken and then dropped it on my back rack right away for the squats. Following rounds were 9 reps, drop it, finish the last one and go for squats. I just wanted to release the tension in my upper body before hitting below parallel.

Back squats had to be unbroken. I wasn't gonna drop the bar. They hurt, they hurt so bad. But I got them done. Don't know how I managed the reps. It wasn't all up and down pumping. I stopped standing with the bar but it had to be done in one sequence.

Very good workout. No wonder, as it was a mainsite wod. If it's too easy, then you didn't put your soul into it. Those clean and jerks + front squats felt in my body already before this even began so at least I got the influence I was looking for by completing this one.







No comments:

Post a Comment