Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday 15.2: Gymnastics day

Sunday. Gymnastics

My plan for this year was to have a gymnastics day once a week. In January I had couple of those but in February I missed those without any real reason. So today was a comeback to improving my gymnast skills.


I got inspired by the video I posted yesterday to practice on my muscle-ups. Did drills to ease normal kipping mu's and how to engage the core in this movement, also progressions to some day reaching strict muscle-up. That is my distant drew, some day…




I got those assisting moves done in the beginning, just to show my body how it should feel like when entire body is tight and ready to do the required work. Ideally the body works like an arrow that is being bent to extreme. Today I focused on keeping my legs tight all the time and having my body being straight instead of bent legs in the swing.




It's still difficult as hell for me to link consecutive reps together. So I did some singles for a total of 10 reps. Plus all the accessory work. This needs to be part of a weekly training routine. These days aren't that physical anyway so it's more like an active recovery day. In the end I did some handstand push-ups just to test how it feels like on my right wrist. Felt doable as the wrist was well warmed up.



No comments:

Post a Comment