Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday 22.2: Outdoor metcon + Muscle-ups

Sunday. AM: Metcon, 4rds of: 20 wb's, 5 wall climb overs. PM: Ring muscle-ups.

It was time to go outdoors. I was thinking about getting my rings with me and find a spot to hang around with them. The weather was a bit rainy so I bitched out and decided to grab my wall ball instead. I had spotted a place where is a good place for wall ball shots plus a wall I could climb over. In the evening we went for a walk with Pauliina, and somehow my rings were brought along…



Metcon.

  • 4 rounds of:
  • 20 wall ball shots
  • 5 wall climb overs

This kind of stuff inspires me a lot. Probably due to watching Blair Morrison do his training outdoors. Those workouts are cool as hell and always gets me pumped up to train. This spot today is located near our house but I just realized it last week it's perfect for an outdoor workout. Haven't' been throwing my wb around in ages so it was about time to get going with it.



It was a cool different type of workout. No need to have iron in my hands to make it inhuman workout. This was mostly killing my shoulders. Had some issues with the wall balls. In the two first rounds I had gloves on and I just couldn't catch the ball at all, it slipped right through my fingers no matter what. That was frustrating big time.



Plus those wb throws seemed like no reps considering the depth of the squat so it wasn't a huge success even though the surroundings were perfect. Got my breathing go high and shoulders burn so it was worth the effort!


Recap


Rings.

  • Muscle-ups

We went for an evening walk together with Pauliina and I wanted to try out those rings of mine how they would work in the nature. It was freaking cool to do muscle-ups outdoors! Next time I'll hang them higher. It was a bit of a hassle to get them in the correct height but it was definitely worth it. Good way to finish Sunday.






1 comment: