Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday 3.2: CJ complex, Clean triples, 10min amrap

Tuesday. Clean and jerk complex, 7 working sets of: 1 clean + 2 front squat + 1 split jerk (mostly 90kg). Clean triples (max 105kg). Metcon, 10min amrap of: 6 hang power snatch (35kg), 9 t2b, 12 box jump overs. Result, 191 reps.

Yesterday was a light day because of Super Bowl so my body felt ready for some barbell work. It's been some time since previous bar complex and I had some sort of desire to hit one. Also took couple of sets heavy cleans, and conditioning part was a mixture of light snatches, toes-to-bar and box jump overs. All in all, it was a great session! I took my time to get warm and joints prepared. It took me a good 2+ hours to hang out at the gym.



Complex.
  • 7 working sets of:
  • 1 clean
  • 2 front squat
  • 1 split jerk
  • Loads: 80, 85, 90, 90, 90, 90, 90kg
These complex stuff are great. It's totally different compared to regular clean and jerk work. Being longer under the stress brings its own twist. Jerk is definitely what is my weak side on these kind of combos. I got these weights done with style but heavier ones could have been too challenging.

Clean was easy, no doubt. Front squats were light if we just look at the weights and compare them to max loads. But in a complex like this they start to bring burden. Especially as there was the jerk waiting around the corner. Jerk is definitely my weaker side of c&j, gotta be putting more effort on that one. More push presses and jerks. Anyway, I'm happy on the way I performed on this one! And the reps were pretty solid on each set. Looked similar, no big differences.





Strength.
  • Clean 3-3-3-2 (95, 100, 105, 107.5kg)
I had planned on hitting some heavier cleans after the complex. It was supposed to be heavy and it was exactly that. I did these in weightlifting style. I mean they were not touch'n'go triples, more like 3 singles with as minimum rest as possible between reps.

It was positively surprising how high I was able to climb on these sets. I've done 100kg for a triple before but that's the heaviest. Now I got 105kg, there's a video of those lifts below. I knew there's more in the tank so I piled it up to 107.5kg and went after it. I got 2 reps done. Third one fell forward a bit too much and I had to let it go through my hands. That sucked a lot. I really wanted to get that. My training pal said "you'll get it, I already thought you got it".

That was the final trigger for me to try get it once more. I grabbed the bar and pulled. Got it front racked but not in a perfect position. I somehow lost my balance a bit  and had to drop the bar. My balance was off too much back and once I tried to drop the bar in front, my right wrist got twisted in a position it didn't want to. So it's been aching for a while now. Hopefully it's just a small thing. Otherwise there's gonna be squats everyday in the future =)


3x105kg


Metcon. Result, 191 reps (7 rounds + 2 snatch)
  • 10min amrap of:
  • 6 hang power snatch, 35kg
  • 9 toes-to-bar
  • 12 box jump overs
This was a good conditioning part in the end. Light snatches, core and hard breathing. That's how I would define this one. It was intentionally light so that it would be possible to keep on going without pauses in vain.

I took the power snatches from high hang position all the way. Those were light, and I liked it. Had they been heavier, it might have had a butterfly effect on the entire workout. Now all elements were completed unbroken each round. For a while I was afraid what would happen with the t2b's. They felt good in the beginning but round by round they got more challenging. Luckily I got them ub for all 7 rounds.

Those box jumps are comfy for me. Don't know what the deal is as those are tougher than normal box jumps but I really enjoy doing them. The number of them was the highest of these three elements and took most of the time and got heart beat high for sure. This was a good triplet to get some action going on and develop metabolic conditioning.



No comments:

Post a Comment