Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday 20.3: Squat, Snatch, Box, Run

Friday. Strength, back squat triples 5x3 (130kg). Metcon, 3rds of: 12 snatch (45kg), 20 box, 400m run.

Today was a dream come true type of day. Early Christmas or whatever you wanna call it. I ordered a climbing rope from Rogue Wednesday night and it arrived at noon today by UPS at my work place. I was having lunch while the delivery guy called and made my day. I had chills during the lunch before I was able to pick it up. And it was freaking awesome. All 7.6 meters of it! Today there's no chance I can try it out anywhere as couple of hundred of my colleagues are gathering in Helsinki for a party so let's see if the weekend brings another chance to try out this new tool.



Strength.
  • Back squat 3-3-3-3-3 (across 130kg)
Today was strongly focusing on legs and breathing. Total of 5 sets of triples at the same weight @ 130kg. Prior weights were 90-110-120kg for triples. These felt good all the way. First two sets were easier than the last three ones. And the last rep was obviously the toughest on each one of these. Had to be mentally in the right place to get these up stylishly.




Metcon. Time, 11.53
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 12 snatch, 45kg
  • 20 box
  • 400m run
We were supposed to do a partner workout with Toni but my training partner left the gym 15 minutes after he entered it because his thoughts were not there, he was already in the party that was gonna take place in couple of hours =) Haha, so he had to go and seek for a pre-party. Thus, something had to be written down for metabolic purposes. It turned out to be snatches, box and running.



Great workout. Snatch is definitely not in my wheelhouse and is never a wrong move to add it in to a metcon. Box jumps and running seemed like a good combination to get heart rate up so this really had its grip on me. It took me seconds shy of 12 minutes to finish it. Snatches slowed down a little each round but other than that I believe it was kind of similar in all rounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment