Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday 1.3: Gymnastics and Metcon

Sunday. Gymnastics, emom ring muscle-ups (total 15 reps). Metcon, 5rds of: 10 deads (85kg), 10 lateral burpee, 20 air squat, 7 ring dip. Time, 10.40

Sunday and it's time for gymnastics training. Got successful today with muscle-up. Usually I don't do much else than rings, handstand or some body control stuff on days like this. Or that was at least the original plan on these "gymnastics" days. However, yesterday was easier day with just running in my program so I figured I might just do something else too. The bar felt extremely heavy though so I left it alone. Just worked on technique for snatch and cleans but nothing much in that scene.



Rings.

  • Every minute on the minute, to reach 15 ring muscle-ups

After warming up my joints for a while I jumped on the rings and put the clock running. I wanted to have some sort of structure on this one. So it was every minute on the minute one set of muscle-ups. In the beginning it was singles, then towards the end it got to doubles which was awesome! I have muscle-ups but it's not that easy for me to link 'em together for multiple reps. Currently I'm trying to build up a good confidence on this movement (and it has already taken huge leaps forward), and getting some volume. I'm sure it will pay off in the end. Below are the reps by the minute.




Metcon. Time, 10.40

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 deadlift, 85kg
  • 10 lateral burpee
  • 20 air squat
  • 7 ring dip

I had one bad ass workout in mind, written by Ben Bergeron himself, but the bar felt super heavy. I took 40kg overhead squats and 60kg power cleans and it was like a ton was being lifted. No need to give that torture on my body because it obviously wasn't receptive this time.

Muscle-ups and barbell work


This metcon was created on the spot because I wasn't ready to leave. I really wanted something to put me breathe heavily. Got a successful metcon in that sense =) Light deadlifts for quite a number of reps, burpees over the bar, squats with just bodyweight and more rings.

Metcon


The number of reps were put down in a way they could be handled unbroken. Had no troubles in hitting them ub but they started to wear me down for sure. I'm really happy I jumped on this train and finished the training session with a good metcon.


The man, the myth, the legend - Mikko Salo on 13.5

It's really awesome to sense the Crossfit Open atmosphere in our sport right now. The season is long, and has just begun. We will be seeing another great and intense year of competition. Here's one clip from our own champion, Mikko Salo smash 13.5 from 2 years ago. He's a man with incredible mental toughness.



No comments:

Post a Comment