Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday 15.3: Run and Gymnastics

Sunday. Run 4km. Gymnastics, ring muscle-ups (PR 4 reps).

We spent the weekend in Klaukkala and my mood was great. Of course the company was good with my fiancé and her parents, plus the weather was so freaking beautiful as it has been the past couple of days. It's been months since I've seen sun so the difference is huge. Okay, I might be exaggerating but it's been dark and wet for some time. We had the possibility to eat outside on our terrace so it really was warm.



Run.
  • 4 kilometer run
There was a wall ball in my car too but it stayed there for the entire time. Yesterday I was just chilling out. We made sushi in the evening, and it was the first time in my life. That was kind of cool thing. My rolls weren't the most beautiful ones but they tasted delicious =)




So we were both anxious with Kari to go outdoors for a training session. He's been running like a maniac in the nearby nature for the entire winter so he took me for a run on one of his classic routes. It was a 4km run, easy pace, but it felt good. It was awesome as birds were singing, and sky was clear blue all the time.



Gymnastics.
  • Ring muscle-ups
  • Complete 15 reps (including 4 rep PR!)
This was the main part of today's training session. I was anxious of searching a spot where I could hang my Rogue rings and hit some muscle-ups. There is something cool in doing this stuff outdoors. No matter if it's gymnastics, sprints, kettlebells, weightlifting or bodyweight training, I just love it outdoors. Weather is neither an issue, but it sure as hell is a positive push if the weather is like this!




I was a bit afraid we wouldn't find a perfect spot but luckily this one was very close to the in-laws house. Maybe 100 meters from there, not bad. Kari brought ladder with him and sawed off one useless tree branch which seemed to be on our way. The hight of this branch was exactly on spot so that I jumped a little to reach the rings and thus I was able to keep my torso straight all the way without stressing my feet hitting the ground. That's the situation at the gym because the rings are too low.

Ring skills


First rep a single, and the purpose was just to get used to this environment. After that one neighbor that we hadn't seen before came out and started talking what's happening here. Luckily he was just interested and wanted to see how things are done. I got a little positive pressure there and took a new PR with 4 consecutive reps! That was a big thing!



I've taken 3 reps once in my life. Those have mostly been singles and doubles. Today I got 2x3 reps and once 4 reps. This was beyond my dreams. Having a place like this where I can use my entire body is essential. It has to be high enough. My sets today were 1-4-3-2-3-2 to reach a total of 15 reps. My technique definitely needs improvement but at this point I'm happy on every single rep I'm able to perform!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining the run and thank you for the great weekend we spent together with you and Pauliina:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was a relaxing weekend for sure, and great to have the opportunity to work outdoors. Thanks for setting up the stage perfectly =)

    ReplyDelete