Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday 29.3: Clean, Mu's, Pistols, T2b

Sunday. Workout, 4rnft of: 1 power clean (90kg), 2 mu's, 10 pistols, 15 t2b. Core work. Intervals.

Today's training session was not hard core. It was supposed to be a long steady pace workout with muscle-ups included. It started off well but quite soon both of my elbows started talking to me you shouldn't go there. I've had this similar pain more often something like 2 years ago when I still played floorball. Had to take it easy for that reason because I don't want it to come back.



Workout.

  • 4 rounds not for time of:
  • 1 power clean, 90kg
  • 2 ring muscle-ups
  • 10 pistols
  • 15 toes-to-bar

This type of stuff work actually worked very well. On longer workouts with moderate pacing I usually put some elements that are kinda weaknesses for me. It's a great way to improve on those elements. I would have continued this sequence for about half an hour but stopped after 4 rounds due to the elbows being too sore in a bad way.

Power cleans at this weight are no joke for me. For squat clean that wouldn't be that bad but as power it's a different game. Not too long ago this was pretty much my 1 rep max. Last week I upped it too 100kg.

It was cool to have muscle-ups as part of a metcon. I have a dream that some day I'll hit benchmark workouts Amanda and Nasty Girls. When those days come I have reached everything I have dreamed of as a crossfitter =)



Core and intervals. My mood wasn't the best after I stopped the workout of the day. So I walked around for a while and thought what I was able to do next. Even hanging from the pull-up bar was uncomfortable. Finally I grabbed a dumbbell, put it on my chest and did sit-ups for a while, couple of sets. Finally I needed to get my breathing go fast so I jumped on a crosstrainer and did intervals 30 sec on, 30 sec off. Those are always great, no matter if it's rowing, running or crosstrainer.





No comments:

Post a Comment