Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tuesday 24.3: Front squat, C2B, Burpee

Tuesday. Strength, front squat doubles (max 130kg). Metcon, 3rds of: 10 c2b, 10 front squat (60kg), 10 burpee. Time, 5.07.

My throat was still sore so I wasn't in the best shape at all. Yesterday's missed squats popped up in today's agenda, and I was hungry for them. There had to be some sort of metcon too and I got this one from competitorstraining.com from couple of days ago.




Strength.
  • Front squat doubles (90, 100, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130kg)
  • One single @ 135kg
There were no huge expectations for these squats but I just needed to get them done. It's been too long since squatting heavy and my legs were waiting for these big time. I thought they might be heavier but for some reason these felt great all the time.

It happened to be a good day of training. It's been a while since going to very heavy loads. And I got a double at 130kg which I believe has not happened before. My 1RM is 135kg so I cheered for this double for sure. After that I took one single at the shared pr number.

2x130kg


Metcon. Time, 5.07
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
  • 10 front squat, 60kg
  • 10 burpee
This was obviously supposed to be a sprint from the first second. My face wasn't normal with nose and throat feeling a bit of a flu (not bad but something anyway) so I took it a little easier. My barbell was located far away from the pull-up bar which was probably not the best decision time-wise. There were a lot of people at the gym and I had not chance for this.

My strategy was to break the c2b's every round, drop down and quickly get back up to complete more reps. Didn't try to go unbroken in any round. Front squats definitely unbroken, and then pace the burpees, keep the same steady pace all the time. And walk between the barbell and pull-up bar to cool down the breathing. This worked well for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment