Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wednesday 4.3: Gymnastics all the way

Wednesday. Emom x 10: odd min 10 c2b, even min 10 hspu. Workout, 5rds of: 50 du, 15 t2b.

It was entirely about bodyweight stuff today. There was supposed to be emom snatches too but I just couldn't find the bar path at all this time. So I didn't force but let it go and decided to take it home next time. This session was thus a lot lighter in nature.

This kind of thoughts were in my mind for today. Bergeron's test includes burpees too...


Gymnastics.

  • Every minute on the minute
  • Odd min, 10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
  • Even min: 10 handstand push-ups

Great stuff. Some time ago I did these quite a lot. It's a good way to get doe volume on these basic elements and practice on the skills and effectiveness of some bodyweight movements. High box jumps, muscle-ups, pistols and ring dips are also perfect pieces to put in the tool box.

Before putting the timer on I let myself a little loose there by being satisfied if I got 8-10 reps per round. Luckily those 10's didn't cause any issues as I got them unbroken all the way. C2b's were tougher but still doable. At least one round could have been done ub in addition to this. Very happy on this stuff.


Discipline. No wonder Chinese weightlifters' technique is beautiful


Skills.

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 50 double unders
  • 15 toes-to-bar

Double unders have been missing from my program in the past days so it felt suitable to get some of them done, and core work is always in place. Didn't time this one. just focused on getting the job done. Had 2 misses on the double unders but other than that I got them done in one consecutive set each time.



T2b's felt great. I got rounds 1-2-5 unbroken but dropped once on the 3rd and 4th round at 9-10 reps. Basically jumped back right on to finish the sets. I also tried some triple unders before this last workout but those were not gonna happen today. Couldn't understand the rhythm on how to use my wrists to keep the jump rope circling around. Well, that's not something I'm pursuing but I figured let's give it a try anyway =)



No comments:

Post a Comment