Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday 15.4: Active recovery

Wednesday. Active recovery.

My program said I was supposed to go and do snatches and a metcon consisting of overhead squats in ascending weight ladder mixed with pull-ups. Those would have been great, no doubt! Training session in the morning, and then to work afterwards. Allright, I woke up, was tired as a bear in the winter time. Ate breakfast and watched some TV at the same time.



My legs hurt from that sled pull / push thing from Monday. These legs were as stiff as they could be, and my calf was still in a bit of a cramp. At that moment I realized I'm not going to make any gains by forcing myself to the gym. And I wanted this calf to recover so it wouldn't prolong in vain.


I looked out of the window and saw there's a perfect spring weather. There was no other option but to put a coat on and go enjoy the nature. I just went for a long walk in the woods, and inhaled the upcoming spring in to my lungs. This was a very relaxing moment for me. No need to rush anywhere, I had plenty of time before having to drive to work for the evening. It was mentally calming, and hopefully it will also bring those gainzz in this body too!






2 comments:

  1. After holiday it's been tough to wake up in the morning =) This felt good!

    ReplyDelete