Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday 22.5: Skills, Deadlift, Metcon

Friday. Skills, ring mu's 3x3, bar mu's 3x6. Strength, deadlift 5-5-5-5-5 (across, 160kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 6 front squat (60kg), 9 burpee, 12 ghd, 250m row. Time, 14.24.

Yeah baby, it was a good training session to say the least. Classic stuff, skills, strength and conditioning. Good combination of work. In addition there was some real life crossfit being done as one person asked me to push her car at the gas station because the car wouldn't start anymore. Another case occurred as the kettlebell competition team asked me to assist them in moving one of the weightlifting platforms to another spot as they have a throwdown tomorrow at the gym. Now I know those platforms are heavy!


Skills.
  • Ring muscle-ups 3-3-3
  • Bar muscle-ups 6-6-6
More muscle-ups to get more efficient on them. These were good sets, and no doubt of hitting them. The last bar mu set was kinda heavy though. My calluses had not been taken care in a couple of days so that backfired right on my face. I anticipated some problems with the deadlifts and that was the case finally. Got some tears so I need to take care of these hands tonight.



Friday pulls.
  • Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5 (across, 160kg)
Classic deadlift session for a Friday. It was all 5's. I built up by having a 70kg bar, then 110kg and finally 140 kilos before going up to the working weight. Sets were identical across the board, at 160kg. The weight itself wasn't too bad. I believe my max set for 5 reps has been 180kg, that's the most I've tried. But my palms and fingers are always taking the most of the damage, as I've written before.

It once again felt like my fingers will get cut off. I had to place the bar more on the fingers because otherwise my calluses would have gotten ripped off. I was still very happy on completing all these 5 sets with this weight without any bigger issues.



Metcon. Time, 14.24
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 6 front squat (60kg)
  • 9 burpee
  • 12 ghd sit-ups
  • 250m row
That was pretty much all I wanted to have a grip on. Grip was shot so I decided to take elements where I could keep a good pace on throughout the workout and not having to hang from anywhere. Otherwise toes-to-bar would have been in place. Reps and movements were good for the purpose I was looking for. Engine.



There was a little walking around at the gym to get from one place to another. That was my recovery time and it was enough to keep a steady pace. Round times were about 2:48, 2:54, 3:03, 3:00, and 2:37 so that means to say it was pretty similar in all rounds and on the last one I was able to speed it up a bit to make it the fastest round.

All elements were decent, none of them were gross. Front squats were surprisingly burning on the legs, and maybe the combo of them and burpees was the toughest part of this workout but still manageable. On my walk to the ghd there was plenty of time to get the breathing down a bit so I could hop on it right away. Rowing was somewhere at 1.46-1.47 on average.



No comments:

Post a Comment