Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday 31.7: Squats, Hspu, Du's

Friday. Smolov 7x5 (115kg). Metcon, 20-16-12-8-4 hspu, 100-80-60-40-20 du's. Time, 15.25.

Otherwise I was feeling good for a good training session but a little nagging pain in both elbows. Nothing bit but it derives from yesterday's from clean and jerks. Today was another Smolov session, then a tough combination for shoulders in the form of hspu's and du's. It was great to hook up with Jasper for this session.

Jazz doing push-ups, t2b's and jump rope metcon

Smolov.

  • Back squat 7x5 reps (115kg)

I did some mental work prior to opening the gym door and I saw myself doing light squats. At the end of the day these went as I had imagined them to go. The weight wasn't that bad. It's gonna get heavier, this is the lightest week, getting heavier by the week.

I believe my last set was the best. Don't have that one on the video unfortunately. There was another guy squatting next to me with a beautiful technique and I got inspired by him to put my best effort. The thing was to stay properly on my heels to reach an upright torso. My flutes were squeezed on every single rep and the package was tight. Felt very good to finish strong.


Smolov


Metcon. Time, 15.25

  • 20-16-12-8-4 handstand push-ups
  • 100-80-60-40-20 double unders
Last time I played around with double unders, they felt very natural and we were working as one nit with the jump rope. Today they sucked big time. It was like I was in the verge of learning how to do double unders for the first time. Don't know the reason for that but they definitely took majority of the time on this one.



Breathing was good all the time. It was the du's that failed, and the shoulder burn was real. This combo is putting a lot of stress on shoulders so no wonder they were getting fatigued. Hspu's were pretty okay all the way. I knew this is heavy on shoulders because they have no rest at all in this workout. These were mostly completed in 3 sets (13-4-3, 8-4-4, 6-3-3, 5-3, 4).


No comments:

Post a Comment