Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday 26.7: Clean and jerk, Mu's, Thrusters

Sunday. Clean and jerk (max 95kg). Skills, bar mu's. Emom x 5min: 10 thruster (40kg).

Saturday was a pure rest day. It was a tough week with a lot of training so it was welcomed. On the other hand I felt good during the weekend and there was eagerness to hit it but we were spending the weekend at Pauliina's parents and this time I put crossfit aside. Okay, I watched a bit of the Crossfit Games but other than that it was easy weekend. Sunday evening I went to do some work to the gym.


Strength.

  • Clean and jerk singles (60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 95kg, fail at 100kg)

I just wanted to get couple of heavier reps done on clean and jerk. Haven't done it in a while so it was nice to build up. Felt pretty good up to those successful lifts, then wall hit me at 100 kilos. The previous one - 95kg - felt good so it was a small difference this time. Couldn't quite drop under the bar at 100kg so I wasn't able to lock my elbows.


Jerks

Skills.

  • Bar muscle-ups

Working on my technique on this movement. Aiming to bring my legs behind the vertical line of the pull-up bar. Feels very tight in my shoulders when I do it like this.




Thruster.

  • Every minute on the minute x 5 minutes
  • 10 thruster, 40kg
That shoulder tightness also felt in thrusters, and it is kind of normal feeling on thrusters in general. So I want to believe thrusters made good impact on those. This was a good cashout at the end of the session. Easy session in general but a good way to finish the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment