Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thursday 30.7: Clean and jerk, T2b, Box

Thursday. Clean and jerk emom x 10min (max 80kg). Metcon, 10min amrap of: 10 t2b, 10 box. Result, 184 reps.

Nice, those squats really make a difference. They are not sore but they feel a bit tired. This was not a surprise and this is actually just the beginning. Hoping to get good gains out of this thing. Today's agenda was clean and jerk, every minute on the minute work. In the end bodyweight metcon.



Clean and jerk.

  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • 1-3min: 3 reps @ 70kg
  • 4min: 2 reps @ 80kg
  • 5-10min: 1 rep @ 80kg

Started it off with 3 reps at 70 kilos, then after 3 minutes I put 10 more kilos on the barbell. Thought about completing doubles for a while but the bar felt heavy'ish so I decided to keep it at this weight and not force it. My elbows came a bit sore on these jerks so I didn't push it to 'heavy' jerks.

This is the recovery from the squat position


Pretty good and solid work. First squat cleans were a bit off but towards the end it felt better and better by the rep. When I look at the reps now couple of hours later, they look a lot easier than they felt. I'm kinda happy those look rather solid no matter what happens in my head.



Metcon. Result, 184 reps (9 rounds + 4 toes-to-bar)

  • 10 min amrap of:
  • 10 toes-to-bar
  • 10 box jump

Decided to do something where those elbows would not be stressed that much. The combo of t2b's and boxes were known to be tough on the hip flexors and core but I took the risk. Toes-to-bar's slowed after either round 4 or 5. Until then I went unbroken, then had to break it. First to 6-4, then 6-2-2. And finally something like 4-3-3 and 4-2-2-2. Box jumps were a lot easier.



My core was on a test on the t2b's, that's why I wasn't able to keep the same pace for the entire 10 minutes. At first it looked like it's gonna be almost like emom work. My round times were sub one minute but the last rounds were 70-80 seconds.



No comments:

Post a Comment