Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tuesday 21.7: Overhead, 15min amrap + Mu's, Ring dips, Ball slams

Tuesday. AM: Complex, 7 sets of: power clean + push press + push jerk + split jerk (max 80kg). Metcon, 6rds of: 5 jerk (60kg), 15 box, 300m row. Time, 15.50. PM: Mu's, gymnastics emom x 10. Odd, 10 dips. Even, 15 ball slam.

Sleeping made a lot of good! Morning workout was already good, and my body felt even better after eating post workout and taking a nap. Felt a little jammed when going to bed but when I woke up a bit later, I felt super! Sleep definitely makes a big difference. Morning was about overhead strength and conditioning. Evening was a lighter session with muscle-ups and emom bodyweight work.



Overhead.
  • 7 sets of the following complex of:
  • 1 power clean
  • 1 push press
  • 1 push jerk
  • 1 split jerk
  • Sets: 70, 75, 80, 80, 80, 80, 80kg
At first this was supposed to be from rack but then again I decided to take work on my power clean in the process. Because why not. Plus I would have the chance to drop the weights at the lifting platform. Win-win. This was a lot of fun in my opinion. I'm still getting used to barbell work and weights in general so I didn't go super heavy. Well, it got heavier towards the end but there was no doubt of hitting these weights.

I though push presses might be the toughest part of this, at 80 kilos I mean. But that went well, and it was more like the split jerk. Even though it was the easiest way to get the bar overhead but it was also the last rep so there was some more work to be done.

Recap


Metcon. Time, 15.50
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 5 push jerk, 60kg
  • 15 box
  • 300m row
I wrote this as a 15min amrap. At that point I had 55 meters rowed on the last set of 300 meters so I added up the antes and finished the 6th round at 15.50. Concept2 was a bit further down the gym so there was some walking back and forth between rower and jerk / box. This was obviously unbroken on the jerk and box jumps. I was on the verge of putting 70kg on the bar. That would have made a big difference on the jerks for sure. Now as I look at it afterwards, it would have been fun to see if it was unbroken with that weight too.


Box jumps kept the breathing high throughout the workout, and rowing is always nasty in metcons. Pace was somewhere sub 1.50. There was time to pull it madly back and forth. However, the gains were not that great because of the short distance, and I tried to save some of the energy to those two other elements.


The last set I went a lot faster than the first 5 rounds. It was sub 1.40 through those 300 meters. It was a nice finisher to fully gas myself.



Skills.
  • Ring muscle-ups
I've been missing you guys. Ring muscle-ups. What a sick movement. I was a bit anxious about hitting these because it's such a technical movement. But luckily the level is okay nowadays, and I have certainty of hitting the reps when I attack them. They are not big sets but I'll get them. Today I did a total of about 20 reps in about one minute "intervals". So basically this was some art of emom work.



Workout.
  • Every minute on the minute x 10min:
  • Odd min, 10 ring dips
  • Even min, 15 ball slam
My plan was not to hit a metcon but I wanted to do something. Ring dips a weakness of mine so it's always beneficial to knock a couple of them. Ball slams got my heart rate up which felt good. This was mostly upper body work.




Can ou believe the Crossfit Games are here?!? This is an early Christmas to every crossfitter. Masters and Teens begin today, and individuals tomorrow on Wednesday. Here's a sneak peak to ya'll


My prediction of the winners are here:

Men:
1. Matt Fraser
2. Scott Panchik
3. Ben Smith
4. Dan Bailey
5. Noah Olsen


Women:
1. Kara Webb
2. Annie Thorisdottir
3. Emily Bridgers
4. Camille Leblanc-Bazinet
5. Sara Sigmundsdottir



No comments:

Post a Comment