Saturday, August 8, 2015

Saturday 8.8: Muscle-ups, Handstand

Saturday. Skills, Bar muscle-ups, Ring muscle-ups, handstand.

Today was nothing scheduled on my program so it was more like a play day. Worked on some skills and just had fun fooling around. Pauliina was doing push presses so it was awesome to be there to support her.


Skills.




  • Bar muscle-ups (10 reps). Compare to 18.9.2014
  • Ring muscle-ups (emom x 5min: 2 reps)
  • Handstand
  • Handstand walk
Haven't done my homework on the muscle-ups lately. It feels like an eternity since I've done those previously. I had planned on doing only ring mu's but the rings were taken in the beginning so I jumped on the pull-up bar and started ripping it. Took only one set for 10 reps. That was a bit tight in the end but surely some more reps might be in the tank. At home I realized that happens to be my PR number. I've taken it once last fall.

Recap

Ring mu's were doubles every minute for 5 minutes. Felt good on those too. Handstand (walk) is something I could put more effort now as the surroundings are perfect. That grass matt is awesome for training being inverted because it's so flat.




1 comment:

  1. Crossfit shoes for men – what you should be looking for. You need the right tools for the right job. The same goes with Crossfit workouts. top rated crossfit shoes 2015 women

    ReplyDelete