Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thursday 6.8: Cleans, Pull-ups, Burpees, Row

Thursday. Every 30sec, for 6min: 1 squat clean @ 90kg. Metcon, 12min amrap of: 12 pull-ups, 10 burpees, 300m row. Result, 4rds + 67m row.

Great session! I was a bit hesitant to do squat cleans because there's a lot of back squatting taking place right now. However, I missed heavier cleans and decided to rock it. Metcon was entirely bodyweight stuff. Cleans were on the table for some time but then I decided to take them off because my back felt like it's taking a lot of hit due to these squats.



Barbell.
  • Every 30 seconds, for 6 minutes
  • 1 squat clean @ 90kg
Damned these felt good. Cleans seemed also to be similar when I compare them to each other. I played these back and forth on the video player and I'm happy on them. Quite solid work in my eye. This was a total of 12 reps on a 6 min time frame. One single rep every 30 seconds. Below you'll have the entire clip.

Only one I almost slipped my hands off the bar when catching it on the front rack. But I was able to save that one too. Held it with probably one finger on both left and right hand. Very pleased on the work being done here. I just felt my back is somewhat tired of all the Smolov back squats lately. Legs are feeling fine and I could have continued this forever otherwise. It was also cool to notice 90 kilos ain't much to clean.

Cleans


Metcon. Result, 4 rounds + 12 pull-ups + 10 burpees + 67m row
  • 12 min amrap of:
  • 12 pull-ups
  • 10 burpees
  • 300m row
This was genius. I've added the volume on pull-ups and intend to keep it that way in the near future. I wanna get them stronger. They used to be my strength, and I liked it. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be that again.

Twelve reps of pull-ups, unbroken each round. Total of 5 rounds equals 60 reps. Then straight to burpees. Nailed them unbroken too. Paced them through every round. Breathing was high so I didn't rush them but kept the body moving constantly.


Huh, this is what crossfit does to people


There was a little walk to the rower in the transition. My pace was sub 1:50. Don't know why that picture up there shows 1:51 as the digits were sub 1:45 on the first round and then it was 1:47-1:50 all the time when I pulled the strokes. Anyway, rowing was a good element to be in this one. All movements kept the heart beat high and it was my decision whether to keep moving or stop breathing. Result was a little shy of 5 full rounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment