Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday 11.8: Clean, 20min amrap

Tuesday. Every 30sec: 1 power clean, for 10min (max 95kg). Metcon, 20min amrap of: 20 cal row, 20 hang power clean (40kg), 15 hspu. Result, 3rds + 50 cal row.

I was waiting this training day eagerly. No squats today. But that was not the reason for me being anxious. I watched the Matt Fraser document that I've posted here as well. Got an inspiration from there so it's been tingling me for some time. Took some power cleans prior to that.


Strength.
  • Every 30 seconds, perform 1 power clean
  • 0:00 - 1:00: 80kg
  • 1:00 - 4:00: 85kg
  • 4:00 - 8:00: 90kg
  • 8:00 - 10.00: 95kg
Agenda was to just lift. Hadn't planned on the weights at all, just went by feeling. My legs are a bit tired from all the squatting but still the weights came up pretty well. Actually, I felt confident on the cleans, had no issues whatsoever. Breathing was easy throughout the 10 minutes which indicates the weights were easy to handle too.


My max power clean is 103kg so the heaviest ones were not that far away from that milestone. I thought 85kg would be pretty okay but it turned out to be too light. 90-95kg's were perfect for today's session.

Yes, I know the camera is somewhere it shouldn't but hopefully you get the idea =)


Metcon. Result, 3 rounds + 50 cal row
  • 20min amrap of:
  • 50 cal row
  • 20 hang power clean (40kg)
  • 15 handstand push-ups
This was rough stuff. Rowing was definitely the toughest part of this one. The combination of rowing and another pulling movement - cleans - was a sick combo. My forearms were numb at some point of the workout. Simply didn't have energy to hold on to the rower's handle. Almost.


It was a different type of approach to the cleans. Lots of them in one set with a light weight. It felt almost like cheating to have the barbell at 40 kilos only. It was light indeed. But it's kind of funny that it started to burn my forearms. For 2 rounds I went unbroken on the cleans. On the third round I fought the reps between 10-15, then had to drop it as I practically didn't feel my arms anymore.


Hspu's were good too. Okay, had to shake a bit after the cleans to get the feeling back on hands but then jumped agains the wall to knock some repetitions. First round was 10-5, second one was 7-4-4, and the third one was 8-4-3 reps.


There was a lot of conditioning to take place in this one. Rowing was challenging. It was exactly the combo of cleans and rowing that made it difficult. Hspu's was a smart move to throw in this one. Breathing was heavy throughout the workout for sure. This is something I recommend you guys to test out.



No comments:

Post a Comment